Who we are...
Caring Hearts Organization is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving quality of life and decreasing health disparity through free health services.
What we do...
We provide free health services to Haitians of Fond des Negres, Haiti.
- Basic health screening
- Basic treatment
- Health Education
Why we do it...
- To improve quality of life and decrease health disparity
- To empower the Haitians so that they can help themselves
- 55% of the Haitian population lives below the extreme poverty line of $1.00 (US) per person per day
- Less than 40% of the population has access to basic healthcare
- 50% of the population lacks access to basic prescribed drugs
Statistics from the Pan American Health Organization obtained on January 19th, 2010
Where we are going...
Our goal is to continue our annual health fair, to double the number of patients seen each year, to add specialized care such as dental, and women's health, and within 5 years, open a primary care clinic in Fond des Negres, Haiti.